The School Information (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2012 came into force on 1 September 2012. This requires the Governing Body to arrange for specific information which must be published on the school website.
1. School Contact Details:
King Edward VI Handsworth School for Girls,
Rose Hill Road,
Telephone – 0121 554 2342
Headteacher: Mrs Amy Whittall
Chair of the governing body:
Mr David Wheeldon
c/o The Schools of King Edward the Sixth in Birmingham
Edgbaston Park Road
c/o Miss J Glendenning
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
Mrs C Berry – Deputy Head
Miss K Limb – Assistant Head / Head of Sixth Form
Mr N Heppel – Assistant Head
2. Admissions Arrangements:
- School Admission policy: September 2017: click here.
- School Admission policy: September 2018: click here.
- This information may also be accessed on the Birmingham local Authority’s composite prospectus published at – https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/schooladmissions
- The Grammar Schools in Birmingham Admission information
3. Exclusions policy
4. Ofsted Reports
School Ofsted Reports can be located on the school website: http://www.kingedwardvi.bham.sch.uk/aboutm us/ofsted/
5. Exam and assessment Results
Key Stage 4 results: 2016
|Progress 8 Score||0.31|
|Attainment 8 score||71.8|
|Percentage of pupils achieving grade C or above in Maths and English||100%|
|Percentage of pupils achieving the English Baccalaureate||93%|
Key Stage 5 (16-19) results: 2016
|Progress in English and Maths||None entered in Key Stage 5|
|Progress compared to students across England||A Levels: -0.13 All “Level 3” qualifications -0.12|
|Student retention (percentage who complete the study programme)||99.3%|
|Student destination (percentage who continue into education, employment or training )||90% (2014 cohort – latest figures from DfE)|
6. Performance tables
The latest School performance tables can be found here.
- Information about the content of the curriculum content for each subject and any other additional information can be accessed via the school website at: http://www.kingedwardvi.bham.sch.uk/curriculum/
- The subjects offered and timetable allocation (number of one hour periods per Fortnight) are listed below:
At GCSE the following courses are offered:
- Biology, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, ICT, Mathematics, Physics and a Modern Foreign Language (French or German) and a Humanity (Geography, History or Religious Studies).
Options (Two subjects are chosen from the following):
- Art, Drama, French, Geography, German, History, Music, Religious Studies and Technology (Food or Textiles).
A number of students also sit GCSE PE, which is studied in their Games lessons.
In Year 12 (at AS) and Year 13 (A2) the following subjects are offered:
- Art, Biology, Chemistry, Drama, Economics, English Literature, French, Geography, German, History, Mathematics and Further Mathematics, Music, Physics, Psychology and Religious Studies. All A level subjects are only offered if numbers are sufficient to run the course. In addition all students carry out an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) during year 12 and 13.
8. Behaviour Policy
9. Pupil Premium
12. Special Educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
13. Equality objectives
14. Complaints policy
15. Annual reports and accounts
16. Governors information and duties
17. Charging and remission policies
18. Values and ethos